Introduction to Accounting
持续时间: 6 weeks
Explore 1600+ online courses from top universities. Join Coursera today to learn data science, programming, business strategy, and more.
The performance of a business and its management team is largely based on information provided in the financial statements. It is essential that managers understand the effects of their decisions on the economic health of the business and are comfortable discussing financial statements with stakeholders.
This course will teach you to interpret financial statements effectively and use them to make better business decisions. In this course, you will be looking at financial statements from the following companies:
- Sandstorm Gold
- Coca Cola
- Tata Motors
- Mannings China
- Dairy Farm Group
- Understand who in a company uses financial statements and for what purpose
- Recognise what counts as good financial information and what lies behind it
- Evaluate a business’s liquidity, solvency and inventory management
- Basic understanding of the key principles of financial accounting
- How to analyze financial statements to make better business decisions
- The structure and purpose of Income Statements, Balance Sheets and Cash Flow Statements