开始时间: 03/30/2019 持续时间: Unknown
Nerves, the heart, and the brain are electrical. How do these things work? This course presents fundamental principles, described quantitatively.
This week's theme focuses on the foundations of bioelectricity including electricity in solutions.
The learning objectives for this week are:
• Explain the conflict between Galvani and Volta
• Interpret the polarity of Vm in terms of voltages inside as compared to outside cells
• Interpret the polarity of Im in terms of current flow into or out of a cell.
• Determine the energy in Joules of an ordinary battery, given its specifications.
• State the “big 5” electrical field variables (potentials, field, force, current, sources) and be able to compute potentials from sources (the basis of extracellular bioelectric measurements such as the electrocardiogram) or find sources from potentials.